09/02/2012

"Lolita, light of my life fire of my loins. My sin, my soul."
DSC00023i
"Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth."
lolita_3i
"Lo. Lee. Ta."
lolita_2i
"She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock."
lolita_4i
"She was Lola in slacks."
lolita_9i
"She was Dolly at school."
lolita_5i
 "She was Dolores on the dotted line."
lolita_6i
"But in my arms she was always Lolita."


I've been reading Nabokov's Lolita lately and watched the 1997's movie today. I just can't get over how amazing Lo's wardrobe in the movie is. I'd grab each and every one of them if I had the chance. And well not only Lo's wardrobe's a killer but the hair and all the little hairdos she has during the movie are way too adorable. 

1 comment:

  1. The wardrobe of this version is amazing, you are right even if I also love the Sue Lyon's one!
    Thank you for posting these pictures,
    the Nabokov's book is one of my favorite!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete