03/03/2013

Rebirth: Leather Sofa

Leatherxcollege sweatshirt
Second hand coat with leather collar&cuffs
Leather tote bag
Leather make-up bag/purse

I've been meaning to do this sort of post for a quite some time and NOW I managed to drag myself to finish that sweatshirt! I really really adore DIYing. I've been modifying and well making my own clothes and accessories for ages, but in the past few years I have grown slightly lazy with turning the ideas I've had into real pieces.

I started making these pieces sometime during autumn, when we had to say goodbye to one black leather sofa once again. And as my dad is super, he took all the leather that wasn't completely torn for possible later use. Most of the leather I used in these was from that particular sofa. But I also got my hands on to some leather from a previously deceased one.
The first pieces I made were the tote and the make-up bag. As can be seen the tote has different leathers on top and bottom parts of the bag. I've been using it and the make-up bag pretty much non-stop after I finished them. The only wear that can be noticed is that they have molded into softer shapes which is only positive. I'm rather sure they'll last for years in my use mind changing the interiors at some point.

Just finished the sweatshirt today and I'm quite positive I'll wear it a lot during late winter and spring. And I can't wait until I can start wearing that coat. It's rather thin so I still need to wait for warmer weather. I had bought it a few years back because I really liked the shape of it, and purchased it despite it having the most awful leopard print collar and cuffs. Now that I gave it a make-over it can finally have a permanent place in my wardrobe.

3 comments:

  1. nice work! these are incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cool stuff!
    You have skills:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn - nice you think so, thank you! ^^

    midsummer-child - glad you like them ^^ thank you!

    ReplyDelete